Monday, August 31, 2015

New tangle, tangleation or a pattern: SYR

I started exploring different things that could do starting with a basic shape. I started this over a year ago when I posted a page from my journal and called it "S-Ploration". I did not name any of the patterns and I did not do step outs on most of these. One that I did do, and that developed out of this exploration is Opsess. The easiest way to view the journal page is to go to My Tangles page on my blog. You will have to scroll down to S-Ploration.  I decided that it was time for me to finally get this done.

I started with the one that is probably the most involved but it is still simple. It uses intersecting S's. You can add what ever embellishments you can to finish it off. There is one on the journal page that I would consider a variation that I did not include in the step out. I call this SYR. To pronounce it just say the letters (ess-why-er). I chose this because it reminds me of iron or wire work. Here is the step out.



Here is a time that I used it when I was doing a demonstration at an event to generate interest in classes.  I am not sure that I have used it in a tile or ZIA.  Here is a section of that newsprint, showing this tangle.




I will be posting the other step outs that I have created for a few of the other tangles on this page. I hope you have fun with this and would be interested in seeing anything that you might do using this tangle.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.