Monday, October 15, 2012

Zendala Dare #27

This was an interesting undertaking for me. When I first saw the template I was a little overwhelmed. I saw all the small, irregular sections and was a little baffled about what I was going to do. I knew I did not want to leave the center empty and started there and worked my way out. Once I started though it seemed like ideas just came. Before I started I had thought of some entirely different tangles to use. There were a couple that I had never done before. One is Helen Williams  twirl tangle. As I was thinking about what to do, I went to her blog and saw this posted. I really like the things that she does. I tend to do more grid tangles and her lines are so smooth and flowing. If you are not familiar with her I strongly encourage you to visit her blog and look at all the things that she does. I do not think you will be disappointed.  Click on her name to see this tangle. My use of twirl has a slight variation on the border that was due to my lack of familiarity with the tangle when I decided to make it go all the way around. Over all though I am pleased with the result. I enjoy detail work but this one took some time to finish.



Tangles used: N'zeppel, Puf, Chillon, Twirl


Now that this is done, I can move on to the Diva Challenge.

Your comments are welcomed and encouraged.

10 comments:

  1. I like your zendala very much! Love the border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The border was fun to do but challenging as it was a pattern that I had not tried before. Hope to use it more in the future.

      Delete
  2. What an interesting and intriguing zendala.....very fun to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is wonderful. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I look forward to doing more Zendala Dares.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic, and the Twirl is so good :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was kind of fun to do after I got the hang of it a little better. Hoping to find other opportunities to use it.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, Donald :) So much detail! I love seeing how you've used twirl here - and made it go in a circle - you've inspired me, as I haven't tried that. Thanks also for the link back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks and you are more than welcome. I enjoy going to your site and seeing the flowing images that you create. Also like the tangles that you have introduced. Glad that my sister alerted me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.