Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More play with the Renaissance tiles - Shading

A few days ago I posted a Renaissance tile using the new tangle Rixty. When I was done I indicated that I did not think it was done but I was not sure what I wanted to do. Well I did do something to finish it. It is a different shading than I usually do. Not sure what I think of it. It definitely does make the Rixty stand out a little. I did find out why people were making some of the comments about the Renaissance tiles. When shading, did have to be gentler with these tiles. Was not just when blending, but also when using the white pencil. I used a Prisma white wax pencil for he shading. I tried a few areas with the Zenstone but that was too light so I went over it. I will keep trying. I think I need to get out my copy of Made in the Shade and do a little practice. I hope you enjoy it.



The original shading using the colored and graphite pencils did not seem to impact the tile as much as the white wax pencil. Did not try using a white charcoal pencil. Nest time I use the Renaissance tiles, may have to try shading with that to see what difference, if any there is. 

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcome, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.