Thursday, March 13, 2014

Playing with Renaissance tiles and white highlights

Have been wanting to use the Renaissance tiles for a while but just have not set down to do it. As much as I enjoy doing the Zendala Dare, not having one this week did give me some time to experiment. It also gave me a chance to practice some techniques and tangles that I will be using in a Zentangle® Garden class in a few weeks. Definitely takes a little planning not only for planning out the different size tangles but what to do.

Besides this I had the opportunity to try highlighting with some new tools. I had used the Zenstone a few times but have not used it a lot. I also received a PrismaColor White wax pencil in a package from my sister. I received it a while ago but had not gotten around to trying it yet. I was pleased with it and like it better than the white charcoal pencil that had used before. I think the Zenstone and the charcoal pencil blend similarly but the Zenstone leaves a smoother effect. Maybe is just a difference in how I am using them. I feel it is easier to completely blend out the charcoal pencil. Not as easily with the Zenstone.  Did not use a white gel pen to do any highlighting on this tile. I was having fun with the highlighting and may have gotten a little carried away with it.

I know that Zentangle is not suppose to be representational but because of doing the class I did start out with ideas of what I wanted to do. I used Pea-Nuckle to create a basket to put my organic tangles in. I have not used it a lot lately, but I really do like this tangle.

Well enough rambling, here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.




2 comments:

  1. Donald, this is so pretty. & cute too. I really, really like that pea-nuckle basket. & So what if you did or did not (in anyone's opinion,) get a wee bit carried away with the highlighting. As you get more used to it you will be able to adjust. & in any case, I happen to like the way you highlighted this piece. It looks like a cheerful little basket planter full of happy little flowers & plants, under direct light from a brilliant sun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a wonderful and joyful tile! :) I like the colors as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.