Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Diva Challenge #178: "Duotangle by the Letter!"

The Diva is back. This week's challenge is a duotangle. Unlike other duotangles where everyone used the same tangles we get to choose. The parameter though is that we are suppose to use tangles that begin with our initials. My initials are D W. I contemplated a few different tangles before I settled on the ones that I used. This tile is also a stretch for me. The last couple of challenges I stayed with basic Zentangle ® method using black with graphite shading.  I enjoy doing those, but challenges are suppose to challenge us. I chose to do this with color. I've done some similar things on cards that I made but this is not the norm for me. I was pleased with the results. I will add a few more comments under the picture. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.




Tangles used: Dragonair, Wells(freehand)

I used both my Inktense and Irojiten colored pencils on this. I am still working on this process. I did not burnish any of the color. If I have time I want to go back and do that. May post what that looks like when I do. On the other hand I also like the texture that this provides so I may decide not to. Comments/suggestions on this would be appreciated. 

I got a little carried away on the Well when I first started. In true Zentangle® fashion though had to decide how to remedy it. While not exactly what I was envisioning in my mind, it did turn out. I used Helen Williams of A Little Lime for the inspiration to do a free hand well and not do a grid. You can see her examples of different ways to do Well by clicking here. This will take you to her pattern page. You can scroll down to see what she did. She also has a duotangle on her home page of Well and Punzel. You can see that here.
Some day I hope to be able to be a little closer to her proficiency in doing such tangles and use of color. 

If you have not done so, would encourage you to visit I Am the Diva to look at what others have posted. I have only seen a few on my reader so am anxious to see all the different pieces.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle!!

17 comments:

  1. Isn't Helen wonderful and a great teacher too? I like how you included her style in your tangle and I think the color is a great addition to this beautiful floral looking piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tile, Donald. I like the Patterns you selected, and how you used them. I really like the color texture you have achieved. If burnishing is tried, I'd try it on the violet colors, leaving the gorgeous green texture intact. Wonder job, and I enjoyed reading your post. Great links to Helen's blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donald, Nice work with your color! I recently discovered Dragonair, and I really like what you did with it here and using well the way that Helen shows out of the grid worked really nicely for this tile. I love the organic look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the colours are very successful - particularly like the green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours and your Well out of the box is great. Helen Williams's work is great inspiration, like you I too would like one day to reach her level of proficiency, some way to go yet but it's enjoyable practising. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tile, Donald. I like what you have done with the colour. Green and purple - my favourite colour combination. Lovely little flowers in their containers. Don't you just love all the things you can do with Well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done. The colours work nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Donald, this is really something different! It turned out beautiful and the colors are so too. I also like the 'basic' zentangle, but sometimes it's nice to leave that path for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely tile! I like your way to use Dragonair here! Nicely colouring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. I don't know how burnishing would change this - if you like it, leave it, and try burnishing next time around! The colors are very pleasing and the composition wonderful. Floral, and yet with that bit of fantasy that the Zentangle patterns lend to a piece. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very pretty tile, Donald and quite different for you. The colours are really lovely. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love what you have done here!! I do hope we'll be seeing more of your work with color! You did a fabulous job with it! Coloring adds a whole other form of choice and outcome!! The true bkack and white is always fantastic though too! It looks like you really enjoyed working on this piece! It is beautiful!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tile. I like the organic feel.
    I keep getting surprised from the color pencil abilities. Very nice coloring.
    Thank you also for writing about the source of inspiration. It allowed me to follow the links and find another fine resource

    ReplyDelete
  14. My daughter (Annabel) suffered schizophrenia for 5 years. I had no idea what was happening and didn’t know where to turn for help. It was hard then because I really didn’t understand the symptoms earlier until she was diagnosed. There was a time she decided to get away from everyone, I was not excluded. I had to sit and cry almost every day because I felt helpless as a single mother (she is all I have got). The anguish I went through taking care of her alone is beyond explanation because there was no support whatsoever from the dad or family members. I fought for proper medical care and humane treatment; I did everything within my reach to get her cured but all to no avail. Countless different medications was prescribed (Zyprexa, fluphenazine, Risperdal, quetiapine, etc.) that she was taking but all we could get was myriad of side effects such as rigidity, drowsiness, dizziness, tremors and restlessness which tends to worsen the already damaged situation. Frustration was the order of the day. I wrote a couple of messages to Ontario Mental Health Foundation for help because watching my daughter go through such was devastating. It was at this foundation someone shared a testimony about DR Sunday herbal medicine, how effective it is and how she went through the most difficult times of her life trying to help her mom fight Schizophrenia. Being that I was already at the verge of giving up because I just couldn't imagine waking up every morning to fight the same demons that left me so tired the night before. I had to contact the doctor,on his email  (drsundayherbalcenter@gmail.com)  from our conversations; I was relieved and convinced that the result is going to be positive because I was made to contact people with worse cases. Today, the awful situation of my daughter has gone by. Her happy life is back. She is now a schizophrenia survivor and I am glad because my daily routine activities can now kick off without obstructions. Don't let Schizophrenia hinder you from living a desired life and also, never allow anyone to decide for you especially when they don't know what you have to go through to get to where you are. I was almost discouraged by the doctor but then, I remembered that: I have to shield my daughter’s destiny with courage, faith and perseverance because she is not in her right state of mind and that the bravery and freedom from fear is found in the ‘doing’. Her life is now a testimony. After my daughter got cured,from the herbal mix medicine Dr Sunday prepared and sent to me, she said, Mom “I just thought, ‘Well, I’m a weirdo, I’ll never be normal, then I said, my daughter, life itself is a misery and we get stronger in the places we have been broken. Thanks to you Dr. Sunday  for your excellent counseling, no more psychotic symptoms for the past 3 years and 4 months now. To know more about Dr.Sunday and the effectiveness of his Herbs and roots extracts and he said he got cures for diseases like Bipolar,DIABETES, HPV,SHINGLES,CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS B, KIDNEY DISEASE, HERPES, Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, Bladder cancer,Skin cancer, Prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer,. You can reach him on his Email at ... drsundayherbalcenter@gmail.com.  I believe you will testify just like me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.