Thursday, September 4, 2014

Diva Challenge #183: "Use My Tangle- X-Did" by Annette Carlo

As it is the first of the month this is a UMT (Use my Tangle) Challenge. You can see the step out for Annette's tangle X-Did by clicking HERE. As with many patterns it is one that she saw on someone's blouse. I hope she does not mind but I varied it a little. When linking them together, I alternated the pattern rather than having it completely stacked. (I think you will be able to understand when you look at the tile.) Was not sure exactly how I was going to finish it but it came out okay. I also chose to use the black/brown combination, but rather than do it on a Renaissance tile, I did it on the traditional white tile.  May play with it more, as there are some interesting possibilities. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.





Tangles used: X-did, Shattuck, Crescent Moon

Have not seen what others have submitted so now am off to do that. Would encourage you do this also and even attempt your own tile. Even if you are not comfortable posting it. Can click here on  I am the Diva to see some great art. 

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged and appreciated.   

Go Tangle !!

19 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation of x-did :) Especially how you contrasted its lines with curvy tangles :)
    Thank you for stopping by to visit my tile earlier, and for leaving such an encouraging comment. I look forward to visiting more of your future tiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your version of X-Did a lot, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This combinations is very pleasing to the eye. Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you did this tangle and combined it with Shattuck and Crescent Moon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on X-did. I like your Black and Brown color scheme on the white tile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice tile, Donald. I like your choice of tangles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's really nice. Simple, but lovely. Very effective choice of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tile! I really love your version of X-Did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely combination of tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your version of X-Did. I think the beauty of that pattern is that it looks different every time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I saw a rollercoaster, then I saw the wonderful sweep of the tangles - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooohh!! This is so delicate almost like lace work!! Nice colours. Good luck with the Inktense pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Donald, I love how your tile and your version of 'X-DID' turned out! It kinda reminds me of a pattern I've seen on the back of a deck of cards!! I really like it!! Thank you for giving it a try!!! you did a beautiful job!! Have a great weekend! :0) Annette Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tangle combination, and X-Ing variation. The touch of color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great way to expand on a tangle. I do like the different look you have achieved with your changes. The colors are a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donald....

    Wow! I really like your version of x-did... You're right, we both alternated the pattern. We were thinking on the same "lines." (ha, ha!) I really like that you used color and lines in your version... AND it is so complemented by the other tangles you incorporated! Wonderful work... AGAIN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been poking through the 183's this morning, and always appreciate the positive, specific comments you make. You are full of encouragement. The world needs more cheerleaders like you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice version of X-did. You did it good justice. I like the use of the colours on the white tile. well done, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like what you did with X-did. And the colors are really quite nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.