Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Just for Me

I have been participating in different challenges for  a couple of years. I also make a number of different ZIAs for sale or to demonstrate something for a class. One of the things that I got away from from when I started was doing things for me. The excitement, satisfaction of doing something because I wanted to try it. One of the longest times I spent tangling after I got my CZT was at the CZT Hideaway this last April. That was fun, but I was still responding to prompts. Most were trying new things.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and I did learn a number of things that I enjoy doing and sharing with others, but it was not something I did because I wanted to.

Two tangles that I enjoy, but are also a little challenging are Tripoli and Quandry. Tripoli, think was introduced just before I went to Providence and Quandry was the tangle introduced in out CZT seminar. I realized that I have not used them much. So I decided to do something about it. I did this tile, not because I it was part of a challenge or a prompt. I did it because I wanted to use these tangles. I did not get rid of all the old critical voices that roam around in my head sometimes, but I did enjoy doing this tile. I could list all the things that I thought about when I was done that I did not think were right or I could have done differently, but I am not going to. Here it is. I hope you enjoy it. I did creating it.





Tangles used: Quandry, Tripoli, Indy-rella

If it has been awhile since you created something just for you. Take some time to do it. And make it a practice to do it regularly. That is one of my goals. 


Thanks for visiting.  As always comments are welcomed, encouraged and appreciated.

Go Tangle!!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great tile, Donald and it's good, as you say, to do things for the pleasure of doing them and the satisfaction in knowing it is all your own idea and work. But I hope you're not going to stop doing the Diva Challenge, yours is one of the names I look for first when I trawl through to see what everyone else has done. It was good to see your name on Square One on FB - I've enjoyed that site too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I appreciate that you enjoy the things I do. I will not abandon the Challenges. I enjoy doing them and it does stretch me in ways, even if it is to try some new tangles. Have you posted anything on Square One?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.