Sunday, September 28, 2014

Playing with Betweed

This week's prompt on Square One is Betweed. I all ready did a tile but wanted to play with it a little more. did not really want to do it on a traditional tile. Saw some great examples of Betweed and wanted to try some different things. Used black and white but in this case I used a black Zendala tile with a white pen. Still did it more symmetrical. If I have time may try something that is with more random spaces. I just wanted to try different ways to do the lines. As is sometimes ( read most of the time), the case it did not turn out exactly the way I envisioned it in my head, but that is okay. Gave a chance to get some practice highlighting and shading the black tiles also. Here is what I ended up with.


This ended being a exercise with Betweed and Indy-rella. The shading was done with a Zenstone and a white Prismacolor pencil. The more I look at it the more comfortable I am with it. Have not used my white pens for a while and they seemed to be a little sticky. Did not cover quite the way I would have liked. Had to go over a number of the lines. I used the Uniball Angelic white gel pen and the Sakura white gel pen, medium point. The string is random radii. Then filled in the spaces with Betweed. Was not anything special.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !! 

4 comments:

  1. I like that you did this on a black tile. I have not used those. The random radii string reminds me of Fengle. Like the Indy-rella around the outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had not thought about it, but that is how Fengle starts out. Could have done that and put Betweed inside.

      Delete
  2. I like what you did with the black and white. Striking. Makes me want to plat with my black tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried a black tile with a white pen, you did great work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.