Saturday, January 24, 2015

Square One : Rixty

The focus tangle for this week at Square One is Rixty. This was developed by Maria as a birthday present for Rick when he turned sixty. I have used this before, but have tended to use it on Renaissance tiles. Not sure but this may have been the first time that I did it in black and white. I wanted to try something different with it also. One thing I did was to biggify it a little. I also tried to do a "tango". I think I used that word correctly. It is combining two tangles. The shading was a big thing on this. It is okay but I have to admit the idea that I had in my head looked a whole lot better. This is something that I have to work on continuously. Some day I hope to be able to shade like some of the other artists I see. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used: Rixty, Tierso, Florz
The shading was done with 2B, 4B & 6B pencils 
Thanks for visiting.  As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.