Saturday, April 11, 2015

Taking a risk with some thing new: Water color landscape

There are two risks involved here. One is just posting this. This is a work in progress. I have always liked art and paintings that I have seen but have not tried much. Most of the art work I have done has been Zentangle®. I was introduced to that about 3 years ago and it has been a great journey and it will continue. Not sure if my endeavors in this stimulated my creativity in other areas or not. I know I have tangled on a variety of surfaces and have enjoyed trying different things.

About 6 months ago I had an urge to try some thing different. Not having any formal training other than my CZT training, I for some reason chose water color. Not sure if this is easier than acrylic or oils as I have never done either of those. I bought some simple supplies and to be honest they have been gathering dust in my art supplies. I would think about pulling them out but then usually had some other project that I could use to distract me. I finally decided that I needed to just start something. Was not sure what to do, but not considering being someone who could draw, I decided that it would be easier to do a simple landscape. After starting not sure that there is such a thing. When you are tangling you do not have to wait for things to dry. As I said there were a couple challenges. The other challenging part of this is that I have NO formal training in other art forms. I have looked at a couple of videos on you tube and garnered a little information from talking with a few other artists at the Artworks Gallery or just listening to some of their conversations with people at events. Over the years, as I work with a lot of kids in my clinical practice and with my own kids as they were growing up, I have experimented with a few different techniques. So I finally did start. I have tried to use the one tenet that I learned from Zentangle® which is to not judge too much and to not decide what I was going to do with a piece until it is done. This is not done but there has been progress. Will post other pictures later. Not sure if I will wait until it is done or post other stages of progress.

Okay, enough rambling, or delaying. Here is what I have done so far.






Would be interested in any comments, suggestions, tips, what ever that you can offer.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. I really, really like this as is. Good for you for taking the risk and dusting off the supplies. If you decide you don't want it you can always send it out West (hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not done yet. Want to work a little more on the tree and add something like a fence or some structure. Thinking about a few things that could do to add texture to the grass area. Will let you know when it is finished.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.