Monday, June 8, 2015

ZIA: Unfinished project completed - finally

I started this ZIA about two and a half years ago. I was just getting into using color and experimenting with water color washes. It was also my first attempt at working on a large piece of paper. I did it in small increments. It got put aside as I worked on other things. I would see it a lot and tell myself I needed to finish it but never really sat down and worked on it. It has been about 70% done for a while. Just needed to finish some of the fill on tangles and decide about shading and highlighting. That could have been a part of the delay as I was not sure what I wanted to do on this. Finally decided that I just needed to sit down and do it.

If I were starting on this now, I would have done some things differently. Mostly because I have learned a few things since I started this. Probably one of the main ones is that I would have used the different color washes as strings rather than having the tangles cross over so many of the different colors. I think it would have added a little more continuity to the piece. Also maybe would have used different colors. Not quite as much variety. That does not mean that I am not pleased with it. It forced me to do some things in a little bigger fashion than what I usually do and what I am comfortable with doing. Enough rambling. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used: Knightsbridge, Mooka, Msst, Cadent, Sanibelle, Marasu, 'Nzeppel, Eye-Wa, Shattuck, Purk, Quib, Tripoli, Striping, Finery, Chainlea, Onomato, Cubine, Meer, Zinger, Poke Leaf, & Zander.

Water color wash and highlighting was done with Derwent Inktense Pencils. Graphite shading done with a 4B pencil. The tangles were completed with Microns. Used black, brown, and sepia. 

The paper is 11" x 14"

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated. 

Go Tangle !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.