Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Diva Challenge #232: Guest Blogger, Holly Atwater, CZT: Dual Challenge - Audio vs Betweed - Betweed

This will be my final post on this week's Diva Challenge. I like the tangle Betweed. I have seen some really great ways that it has been used. I have to admit that I am not always as pleased with the way that mine have turned out. My original intent was to do a white on black tile. That changed when I went to start and I found out I did not have the container with my white gel pens. So I began looking at what I had with me. I had some regular gel pens as well as Glaze and Moonlight gel pens. Decided to go with the latter. These are both Sakura products. Here is what I ended up with. I hope you enjoy it.




Tangles used: Betweed, Zenith
I chose not to do any shading on this. I may decide to try somethings with either some water color pencils or Prismacolor pencils but I kind of like it the way it is. That is unusual for me as I usually like the impact shading has on a tile.

As I mentioned earlier, this was done with Sakura Moonlight Gel pens. They do tend to be rather bright and some of them are fluorescent. They do tend to look a little different after they dry. Actually the color came out more after they dried.

If you have not all ready visited I am the Diva, would encourage you to do so. This is one that is really a good one for people to participate in if they have not done so before. I encourage it , even if you do not post it. I mentioned in the beginning that this would be my last post on this week's challenge. I did not really explain why. It really has to do with time. It has been a while since I have participated in the Zendala Dare and I am hoping to tackle that template this week. There are only so many hours in a day and have to choose how I am going to use them. 

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

5 comments:

  1. The colors choise is great, the shade is not required on your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to blink to see what you'd done here! It's wonderful and the choice of pen and colour really makes the new tangle stand out. Betweed looks like a bed of satin to me - which is why I had to look to see it as the tangle! Great!
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donald... This is so pretty and luminescent with the moonlight pens! Betweed looks lovely with Zenith! Thank you so much for completing 3 out of the 4 challenges!! It was fun to see each of your creations and read about your process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an unusual way to use Betweed. A wonderful interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betweed divided by Zenith is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.